Silver Services for EmployersWelcome Florida employers willing to list jobs for all age groups, including older workers!
The Employ Florida Marketplace - Silver Edition has been created to address the mutual needs of Florida employers / organizations and retirement-aged Florida jobseekers. It is sponsored by CareerSource Florida, the Florida Department of Elder Affairs, the Florida Chamber of Commerce, the Governor's Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service, Volunteer Florida, the Florida Leadership Group of the National Governor's Association Policy Academy on Older Workers, Employers, and Volunteerism, and other members of the Silver Edition Task Force.
- What is the purpose of this website?
- Are many older workers returning to the workforce, or continuing to work past retirement age?
- Why are businesses actively looking to hire older workers?
- How can older workers benefit my business?
- I'd like to make my business older-worker friendly. How do I accomplish this?
- What are some specific human resources policies that older worker-friendly businesses follow?
- Can I list volunteer opportunities on the website?
- I'd like to get started – how do I access Employ Florida?
- Bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the job.
- Typically require little training except perhaps in the ever-changing new technologies.
- Have demonstrated track records for performance and dependability.
- Can be flexible in their work arrangements.
- Desire periodic or part time work that offers an opportunity to tailor work schedules to business cycles and requirements. Since they have already retired, they may not require health benefits.
- Can serve as mentors and role models for younger colleagues.
- Actively seeking to attract and retain the experienced workers that are approaching retirement age or who have retired but are seeking some type of employment.
- Have or are adopting human resource policies that are attractive to these jobseekers.
- Have more flexible working arrangements including:
- Flexible work hours and/or compressed work schedules;
- Temporary work assignments with short term employment periods of employment or consulting work;
- Transition or phasing into retirement;
- Longer vacation or sabbatical options to encourage and allow travel opportunities;
- Contract agreements for work that may allow different work arrangements such as work from home;
- Unusual and creative work schedules (e.g. weekend only, "floating" schedules, seasonal work, on-call assignments and "back filling" work for other workers' absenteeism).
Click here to register and create a job order on EFM. If you are not registered, you must first register.